Our main activities are (1) working with clients to improve security, (2) managing IT resources such as hosted servers at our colocations facilities and providing staff for ongoing IT operations, (3) conducting IT assessments, consulting assignments and audits, (4) cloud services such as Office 365, Azure, and AWS.
- Cyber Security: CGNET carries out penetration testing and monitoring of client resources to detect advanced persistent threats. These can be done on a one-time or ongoing basis. We also develop plans with clients to help them conform to ISO 27001/2 standards.
- IT Management and Services: CGNET provides management and staffing to organizations worldwide. We host client’s assets in two Tier III data centers with geographic separation, or we can manage resources in place on the organization’s premises. In several locations, we also completely manage the organization’s IT on an outsourced basis.
- Strategic Consulting: We undertake short term and long term consulting projects. We also provide IT assessments of our client’s capabilities and needs. An overall IT assessment will examine the state of the organization’s infrastructure, security, applications, IT services, policies and governance. Focused assessments examine key areas, such as infrastructure or security. The result is a thorough understanding of the organization’s current situation plus a strategic plan to address needs which were discovered.
- Cloud Services: CGNET provides cloud services from several vendors. We are Microsoft partners and specialize in helping an organization implement, configure and maintain Office 365 applications including Skype for Business (SFB), Sharepoint, and OneDrive. We are certified by Microsoft for Enterprise Voice for SFB as well. We also can arrange infrastructure as a service from Azure or Amazon Web Services. Finally, we provide custom cloud services, such as private clouds.
CGNET is both a consulting company and a managed services provider. Many of our customers are intergovernmental organizations, nonprofits, foundations, and NGOs.
- For 35+ years, CGNET has supplied US-based and international organizations with best-in-class information and communications technology services.
- CGNET currently has a staff of 30 in California, Texas, North Carolina, Nigeria, Ethiopia, India, South Africa, and China.
- CGNET was founded in 1983 and is a privately held C Corporation incorporated in California.
- We are business partners with Microsoft, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Symantec, Amazon, VMware, Computer Associates, and Core Security.
- Our customer base comprises about 200 organizations in 130 countries. We support email for about 30,000 users in scores of organizations.
- We have served most world’s leading foundations and relief organizations, such as Mott Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, Packard Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Save the Children, World Wildlife Federation, and many more.
- We have also served community foundations, mid-sized foundations and NGO’s including the Oregon Community Foundation, Marin Community Foundation, Community Council of Greater Dallas, 3Stands Global, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, Aids Prevention Initiative of Nigeria, Women’s Donor Network, and many others.
- We work with major development organizations such as the World Food Program, USAID, World Bank, African Development Bank, United Nations, and FAO.
Commitment to Diversity
CGNET’s policies and supporting practices include a strong belief that all employees should be treated with dignity and respect. In accordance with this, CGNET does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran’s status. We affirm in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. Our workforce is diverse with ethnicities representing five continents.