- Systematically survey users about their satisfaction with your services and their hardware and software at least once a year.
- Establish an IT committee that regularly gives you feedback on how you’re doing, not just on specific development projects.
- Have an IT strategic plan that is in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and which is less than three years old.
- Regularly attend meetings of users in different parts of your organization and ask them for feedback.
- Collect statistics on your help desk’s performance and use these to improve service.
- Regularly discuss IT issues with top management, formally or informally.
If you’d like to discuss the specifics of one or more of these approaches with one of our consultants, for free, click here.
Do you have your own way of keeping in touch with users and management? Please leave it in a comment below.