Position Currently Available!
IT Support Specialist (Help Desk, Part-Time) – Mountain View, CA
CGNET is looking for a motivated, technically oriented person with solid customer service skills to join its support group as a part-time IT Support Specialist. The day-to-day work is primarily help desk related. Part-time status has potential to become full-time in the future.
The position is from Monday to Friday, day shift, with some weekends on call. Work location is in the San Francisco Bay Area. While the position is based at company HQ in Mountain View, CA, local travel will be required to visit customer sites, as necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: Until local COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the position will mainly be remote/work-from-home. Customer on-site visits will occur only when a physical presence is deemed necessary. All COVID-19 safety protocols at customer’s location must be adhered to at all times during site visits.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day technical support for desktop computers, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, audio-visual systems, printers and telephony systems via telephone, email or in person.
- Provide support as directed for IT infrastructure at client locations.
- Create desktop and laptop imaging.
- Work as a project resource as required to deploy new systems, upgrades or technologies within the office which may include personal technology and IT infrastructure.
- Document work within appropriate systems including Ticketing and Knowledge Base.
- HS diploma and some college or advanced training
- Certification in IT related field is desired.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Gifts
- Familiarity with Apple hardware (iPhones and iPads) and Microsoft PC systems.
- Strong telephone skills in English, with an additional language preferred.
- Solid customer service skills: Detail-oriented, professional, responsible, and dependable.
- Strong self-motivation, willingness to follow instructions, and good communications skills.
- Availability for training period during various weekday hours for up to two weeks.
Starting pay ranges from $19-27/hour and is commensurate with experience. Benefits package for both part-time and full-time staff, and excellent potential for job growth.
If you are interested, please download and complete the application found at the bottom of this page. Submit a cover letter, resume, and the completed application to email@example.com.
About the Company
CGNET is a privately held, profitable company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, and people on the ground on four continents. CGNET’s growing business involves providing global IT support to clients in 100 countries, as well as back-office support to our sales force. Our clients are foundations, UN agencies, conservation and relief organizations, as well as other social benefit organizations. From our HQ we monitor and maintain networks and systems both in the Bay Area and around the world. Further information is available at www.cgnet.com.
What’s it like to work at CGNET? Here are a few reviews from past and current staff:
“CGNET feels like family. We are a close-knit, informal and friendly group who really care about each other. Many of us have worked here for several years; some of us, for decades. Upper management is extremely flexible and caring in a holistic way you won’t find at many other companies. And we love bringing new people into our ‘family’; we try to welcome each one like a long-lost relative!”
“Management is very communicative, fair and supportive. People are treated well. The lifestyle is good: People who join tend to stay with the company.”
“Bosses who care about you as a person. Encouragement to improve your skills for work and life. Knowing that your company is helping the people who help others do their work.”
“Lots of purpose and learning, with very little nonsense.”
“Really smart group of people. Fabulous collection of clients, foundations and non-profits. They care about the work they do and you feel good for feeling that you have made a difference in areas that matter. On top of the latest technologies in the communication space. A truly global focus. Generous benefits and real caring for employees.”