Position available! Apply now!
IT Support Specialist, Full-Time
Staffing for full-time day shift position, Monday to Friday and some weekends on call. Work location is Palo Alto, California.
About the position:
CGNET is looking for a motivated, technically oriented person to join its support group as an IT Support Specialist. This position is dedicated to supporting a specific client, a philanthropic organization with a staff of approximately 65, based both in Palo Alto and remotely at home offices across the United States. The specialist will work with the Senior Director of IT at the client’s HQ in Palo Alto but will report to the Global Services Manager and Chief Technology Officer at CGNET HQ in Menlo Park. Starting salary is in the $65-75k range, dependent on experience. The position has excellent growth potential.
- Provide day to day technical support for desktop computers, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, audio-visual systems, printers and telephony systems via telephone, email or in person.
- Provide support as directed for IT infrastructure.
- Triage, investigate and resolve issues with IT systems within the office and manage escalations as required to 3rd tier teams.
- Maintain and organize equipment areas and utilize effective cable management and labeling.
- Create desktop and laptop imaging.
- Install/Move/Add/Changes (IMAC) support
- Installation and management of anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Work as a project resource as required to deploy new systems, upgrades or technologies within the office which may include personal technology and IT infrastructure.
- Coordinate vendor activities and relationships for key technology vendors supporting the office.
- Document work within appropriate systems including Ticketing and Knowledge Base.
- Management of Office 365 – Administration and Management of foundation’s Office 365 account and its associated set of products (Active Directory, Email, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, MS Teams, Visio).
- Software licensing control – Oversight of automatic renewal of software applications and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- HS diploma and some college or advanced training
- Certification in IT related field is desired.
- Familiarity with MS Office 365 Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Creative Services.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PC systems (Dell) and Apple MacBooks.
- Strong telephone skills in English, with an additional language preferred.
- Solid customer service skills, detail-oriented, professional, responsible, and dependable.
- Strong self-motivation, willingness to follow instructions, and good communications skills.
- Availability for training period during various weekday hours for up to two weeks.
If you are interested, please go to our website and download and complete the application found on our Careers page – cgnet.com/careers. Please submit a cover letter, resume and the completed application (below) to email@example.com.
CGNET is a privately held, profitable company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, and people on the ground on four continents. CGNET’s growing business involves providing global IT support to clients in 100 countries, as well as back-office support to our sales force. Our clients are foundations, UN agencies, conservation and relief organizations, as well as other social benefit organizations. From our HQ we monitor and maintain networks and systems around the world. Further information is available at www.cgnet.com.
What’s it like to work at CGNET? Here are a few reviews from past and current staff:
“CGNET feels like family. We are a close-knit, informal and friendly group who really care about each other. Many of us have worked here for several years; some of us, for decades. Upper management is extremely flexible and caring in a holistic way you won’t find at many other companies. And we love bringing new people into our ‘family’; we try to welcome each one like a long-lost relative!”
“Management is very communicative, fair and supportive. People are treated well. The lifestyle is good: People who join tend to stay with the company.”
“Bosses who care about you as a person. Encouragement to improve your skills for work and life. Knowing that your company is helping the people who help others do their work.”
“Lots of purpose and learning, with very little nonsense.”
“Really smart group of people. Fabulous collection of clients, foundations and non-profits. They care about the work they do and you feel good for feeling that you have made a difference in areas that matter. On top of the latest technologies in the communication space. A truly global focus. Generous benefits and real caring for employees.”