IT Support Specialist
Staffing for part-time day shift position, Monday to Friday and some weekends on call. Work location is Charlotte, North Carolina.
CGNET is looking for a motivated, technically oriented person to join its support group as a part-time IT Customer Support Specialist. Part-time status has potential to become full-time in the future. This position is dedicated to supporting a specific client, a philanthropic organization based in Charlotte.
About the position:
We currently have an opening for a part-time support specialist to support a client in Charlotte, North Carolina. The client has about 50 employees and is supported by a full time IT Support Manager. Pay is dependent on experience. Starting pay is in the $20-30 per hour range. The position has excellent growth potential.
IT Support Specialist responsibilities include:
• Provide day to day technical support for desktop computers, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, audio-visual systems, printers and telephony systems via telephone, email or in person.
• Provide support as directed for IT infrastructure.
• Triage, investigate and resolve issues with IT systems within the office and manage escalations as required to 3rd tier teams.
• Maintain and organize equipment areas and utilize effective cable management and labeling.
• Create desktop and laptop imaging.
• Install/Move/Add/Changes (IMAC) support
• Work as a project resource as required to deploy new systems, upgrades or technologies within the office which may include personal technology and IT infrastructure.
• Coordinate vendor activities and relationships for key technology vendors supporting the office.
• Document work within appropriate systems including Ticketing and Knowledge Base.
• HS diploma and some college or advanced training
• Certification in IT related field is desired.
• Familiarity with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Gifts
• Familiarity with Apple hardware (iPhones and iPads) and Microsoft PC systems.
• Strong telephone skills in English, with an additional language preferred.
• Solid customer service skills, detail-oriented, professional, responsible, and dependable.
• Strong self-motivation, willingness to follow instructions, and good communications skills.
• Availability for training period during various weekday hours for up to two weeks.
Contact information: If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and the downloadable CGNET Application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CGNET is a privately held, profitable company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, and people on the ground on four continents. CGNET's growing business involves providing global IT support to clients in 100 countries, as well as back-office support to our sales force. Our clients are foundations, UN agencies, conservation and relief organizations, as well as other social benefit organizations. Further information is available at www.cgnet.com.