IT Support Engineer
Staffing for full-time day-shift position, Monday to Friday and some weekends on call.
CGNET is looking for a motivated, technically oriented person to join its support group as an IT Support Engineer. The position is based at our headquarters office in Mountain View, California.
About the position:
We currently have an opening for an IT Support Engineer. Pay is dependent on experience and is competitive with Bay Area technical firms. The position has excellent growth potential. After an initial trial period, this will be a permanent position with health, dental, 401K, vacation benefits.
- Provide day-to-day technical support for desktop computers, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, audio-visual systems, printers and telephony systems via telephone, email or in person at various client locations in the Bay Area.
- Provide support as directed for IT infrastructure.
- Triage, investigate and resolve issues with IT systems within the office and manage escalations as required to 3rd tier teams.
- Maintain and organize equipment areas and utilize effective cable management and labeling.
- Create desktop and laptop imaging.
- Install/Move/Add/Changes (IMAC) support
- Work as a project resource as required to deploy new systems, upgrades or technologies within the office which may include personal technology and IT infrastructure.
- Coordinate vendor activities and relationships for key technology vendors supporting the office.
- Document work within appropriate systems including Ticketing and Knowledge Base.
- HS diploma and some college or advanced training
- Certification in IT related field is desired.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Gifts
- Familiarity with Apple hardware (iPhones and iPads) and Microsoft PC systems.
- Strong telephone skills in English, with an additional language preferred.
- Solid customer service skills, detail-oriented, professional, responsible, and dependable.
- Strong self-motivation, willingness to follow instructions, and good communications skills.
CGNET is a privately held, profitable company founded in 1983 with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, and people on the ground on four continents. CGNET’s growing business involves providing global IT support to clients in 100 countries, as well as onsite support in many locations including the Bay Area. Our clients are foundations, startups, conservation and relief organizations, as well as other social benefit organizations. We operate a state-of-the-art data center and NOC/SOC in Sunnyvale, California.