Here are the Tips for Working from Home
Anne Michels, a new Mom and a marketer for Microsoft Teams, wrote an excellent piece talking about her top five tips for working from home. Check out the article here. If you want the TL:DR version, here are the tips.
- There’s nothing normal about the situation we’re in. Acknowledge that.
- Plan for how you’ll manage kids, work, cooking and the like. But be ready to change the plan as situations change.
- Rethink work. Evaluate what’s most important to accomplish. Set boundaries between “work” and “off work” hours.
- Communicate early and often. Ensure people know your work status. Connect with your management and peers, even if you think you have nothing to talk about.
- Make the most of your meetings. Fold the laundry if you need to.
Want More Tips to Share?
If you would like more tips for working from home, the Microsoft article I linked to above also has a link to a PowerPoint deck that Microsoft has made available to anyone who wants it. There’s no sales/marketing “pitch”. In the deck, they go over general tips for working from home, as well as tips for specific age groups of children (toddlers through teenagers). The last page of the deck has a list of resources that your staff might appreciate. You might find the PowerPoint valuable for repurposing and sharing with your organization. You can get the PowerPoint from the link above, or you can get in touch and I’ll send you a copy.